Saturday 31 July 2004

Violence in video games

Well, I don't know about you, but I don't think video game violence actually has that much effect IRL. I mean, it's had no effect on me. I'm absolutely fine  

Anyway, it appears that Halo 2 (not mentioned by the Daily Mail, apparently) will be rated 16+ in the UK:

"The VSC was totally unconcerned with the murderization of Covenant forces. Apparently, if the game didn’t allow you to turn on your allies, we’d have gotten the UK equivalent of a PG, regardless of the galloons of alien blood we had flooded the Galaxy with. Britain is now completely unconcerned with bad language, as I discovered watching BBC TV in the hotel that night. Just as well, since every other word out of our game seemed to be bastard., asshole or bullshit.

"I did point out that technically, you can kill tens of thousands of Grunts, Elites, Brutes, Jackals and “others” while playing a typical game. “No problem, as long as they don’t look human,” said one of the chaps." -- Bungie Weekly Update 30/7/2004

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

of course vg violence has effect, they will learn the hard way.


Things to do when you're bored