Tuesday 13 July 2004

Linking it together

Or rather, following the links.

The Brothers Chaps, at homestarrunner.com (rss) have uploaded a new video, for the new song Experimental Film by They Might Be Giants. I still remember TMBG best from "Birdhouse In Your Soul" and "Istanbul (not Constantinople)", dating back to 1990.

This spurred off a link in my head to one of my favourite bands, The Presidents of the United States of America (or PUSA, to most fans). I searched for their site and discovered that they're releasing a new album in August! Unfortunately, the new single is only currently available on iTunes. Er, sorry, but I don't want to give Apple any money.

Their last album, "Freaked Out and Small" was released on the MusicBlitz website, then as a CD. I found out about this one through a link from one of the webcomics I read, which linked to a great animated video by Chris Maguire for the song "Meanwhile Back In The City". The animation is totally unofficial - from the link, it looks like it was undergraduate project work. Still cool, though.

No comments: